Friday 19 September 2008

Friday 19th September 2008

Today is mine and Simon's 1st wedding anniversary! We made it a whole year of being married! Bloody miracle I say!! lol

I received the most lovely card from Simon, which I will treasure forever!

We re off to a posh spa hotel this afternoon after we drop Poppy off at Nanny's in Wargrave! A whole night without Poppy! I have to say I feel excited and very apprehensive all at once!

We get to Wargrave for 1pm, just in time to feed Poppy. Nanny comes home from work at 1.30pm and we give her a quick lesson in routines, sterilising bottles, feeding and buggy! Information overload, but I am sure Poppy will look after Nanny just fine!

We kiss her goodbye and off we drive to Pennyhill Park Hotel in Bagshot. We drive up the very long drive and park the car.

We are in a room called Buttercup! It is a junior suite and we got a really good last minute deal. The room is really big. It has a four poster queen size bed, a flat screen TV with Bose surround sound system (keeps Simon happy) a couple of winged chairs, a desk and big chair, a wardrobe and another table with tea and coffee making facilities on it!


The bathroom is the size of our lounge! Twin sinks, a stand-alone roll top cast iron bath a bidet a loo and a walk in shower with rain jets!!!! Yes, rain jets! These are jets of water which shot out from the side of the shower. Such a strange feeling to be got at from the sides!!!!


Luggage unpacked and we were off to try out the spa! I have a massage booked for the afternoon, and Simon wanted to test out the pool.

We had a lovely sandwich for lunch. Everything is so damn expensive! But fantastic!


The massage was amazing! One and a half hours of complete relaxation! Exactly what I needed.

Then we went for dinner in the brasserie. Champagne cocktail to start with (Simon had a G&T).

I had mussels for starters and Simon had king prawns. Main course was salmon for me and rib eye steak for Simon. For desert we both had chocolate and banana fondant. Mmmmmmm it was really lush! All followed by coffee. Oh I forgot to say a nice bottle of New Zealand Savignon Blanc was washing it all down!

Now we are back in our lavish room watching Ricky Gervais on TV!

Best get back to the Hubby now, otherwise I will be divorced before our 2nd anniversary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment